Monday, May 24, 2010

Long time, lots of updates...

There are so many updates around here, both literally and figuratively. I have a pretty quiet morning, so I'm going to try to catch up on the figurative ones (that is, the blog). But those have to do with the literal updates that are happening- namely, renovating 3 bathrooms consecutively. The first two are now done, and there is only one half bath left! Phew. It's been a lot of work (mostly for Joel), but the results are fabulous!

Bathroom #1 (basement 1/2 bath) before... BORING!
The epic mess. We bought cabinets, fixtures, etc for all three at once.
Painting. I can't squeeze into these little spaces right now!
Bathroom #1 after!
Bathroom #2 (upstairs full bath, ie guest bath and baby bath) Before... wallpaper, anyone?
The lovely cabinet, light and mirror.
Bathroom #2, done! Although I do have different towels in there now, you get the idea. Picture this with deep orange towels instead. :)
A much need improvement!

After these two were finished, and the demo on bathroom #3 complete (more pics of this one to come), we headed off to Alaska for a baby shower/much needed break. I didn't include pictures but Joel also replaced the shower hardware, which consisted of opening up the wall on the other side of the shower and doing some major plumbing work! Check out our flickr site for the whole story.

No comments: