Friday, December 7, 2007

A treatise on Landscape Architecture... or not!


Perhaps many of you wonder what it is exactly that I do. This little clipping from the newspaper actually represents it pretty well. It doesn't seem very readable, so here's the link to the Washington Post article.

Basically, a landscape architect is...
  • an architect for the landscape (ha ha) (or anything outdoors, really).
  • If you've ever walked around the National Mall- that is what landscape architects do.
  • If you've ever enjoyed a beautiful park or garden- that is what landscape architects do.
  • If you've ever been up drawing at 2 in the morning- that is what landscape architects do!
Here is a link to the place that I currently work: LandDesign, Inc.
Here is a link to the place where I used to work: The Land Design Group, Inc.
Here is a link to the place where I worked as an intern: Land Design North
See a trend? :)

No comments: